Pep reveals he's become more equipped since his move to Manchester

Manchester City Catalan boss has revealed he has become better technically since his managerial switch to the top tier of English football.

The Manchester City manager highlighted the competitive nature and sheer unpredictability of the Premier League as an influential factor in his evolution as it presents him with the biggest challenge of his career.

Guardiola is one of the most successful managers of all time. Prior to his move to Manchester, Guardiola collected three Liga titles and two Uefa Champions League trophies with Barcelona, before leading Bayern Munich to three consecutive Bundesliga crowns.

But initially failed to transfer that success to English football as City ended the 2016/17 campaign under the Catalan's first season in charge trophyless.

"It is the toughest one, for the amount of games, for the weather and the referees saying: 'play [on], play [on], play [on]' and the competitors, there are many. It is the only country that five or six [teams] can win the Premier League."

"I am a better manager than I was in Germany, and I am a better manager now than I was in Barcelona by far, just for the fact of being there," he said at the Peers Annual Lecture at Liverpool University.

"Now, I feel being here I am a better manager too, because I learned to handle this incredible league in many circumstances.

Guardiola led City to the Premier League title the following season in record-breaking fashion, finishing on 100 points and 106 goals in 38 matches and also increased his trophy tally to 24 major honours after leading the Cityzens to League Cup and Community Shield glory in 2018.

Table-toppers City return to Premier League action on Saturday following the two-week international break, a game that will be a renewal of familiarity between the Cityzens and Pep's predecessor Manuel Pellegrini.

Comments