Unveiling my son at Etihad 'the best moment of my life'- David Silva
Manchester City's Spanish Icon revealed to Sky Sport that memories of his son's first ever presence at the Etihad will forever remain in his thoughts as he describes it as the best memory of his life.
'It was very special [having Mateo at the Huddersfield game]; the best moment of my life,' Silva told Sky Sports ahead of City's game at Wolves on Saturday.
The Spaniard's son, Mateo, was born extremely premature in December last year and remained in hospital for five months.
The 32-year-old, who hinted on Friday that his playing days could be coming to an end, paraded his young son in front of the home fans and crowned the occasion with a goal from a free-kick.
'When it all happened, I was only thinking about everything going well and I wished I could have him one day with me at the stadium, and it finally happened.'
He reserved special praise for his 'amazing' manager Pep Guardiola, who allowed him to play as and when he could.
David Silva with the inspiration of his son on the pitch at the Etihad aided Manchester City's in their 6-1 win over Huddersfield and will hope to stare the course again in their next game away at Molineux Stadium.
'With everything that happened to me, he gave me a lot of freedom, so I'll always be grateful to him.'
He added: 'I have two more years on my contract here. I feel great here.
'I want to stay until the end of my contract and then I'll see how I feel physically and mentally to carry on.

Comments
Post a Comment