21-year-old Brazilian signs contract with Manchester City
Manchester City have confirmed Brazil international; Gabriel Jesus, has agreed a five-year contract extension with the club.
Having arrived at the Etihad Stadium from Palmeiras in January 2017, the Brazil international has gone on to score 24 goals in 53 appearances in his first 18 months at the club.
The 21-year-old will now remain with Pep Guardiola's side until 2023 and was thrilled to commit his future to the club.
"I would like to thank the fans for the welcome and for how well they have treated me," Jesus told City's official website.
"I can say that it was the best decision I've made in my life to come to Manchester City because whilst I'm here I'm improving as a professional and as a person.
"City is a huge club and it is getting bigger and bigger so I just want to say thanks for everything. I hope that I can keep making the fans happy."
Having shown great quality for City, Jesus was tipped as a potential winner of the Golden Boot at the World Cup, but the 21-year-old failed to score in five appearances for Brazil in Russia.
Nevertheless, City's director of football Txiki Begiristain is thrilled to have Jesus tied down to fresh terms ahead of the club's Premier League title defence.
Begiristain added:
"Gabriel is undoubtedly one of the best young forwards in world football, so to have him commit his future to us is a huge boost.
"There's so much variety in his game. I know how much Pep enjoys working with him and I am really looking forward to watching his development in the coming years."
The hitman remarkably known for his decisive 93mins winner against Southampton on Final day of 2017/2018 English Premier League season, which aided Manchester City achieve Premier League record 100 points will earn over £100,000 a week.
Jesus, who represented Brazil at this year’s World Cup, returned to training with City earlier this week and will be available for selection, ahead of their Community Shield clash against FA Cup winners Chelsea on Sunday.
Having arrived at the Etihad Stadium from Palmeiras in January 2017, the Brazil international has gone on to score 24 goals in 53 appearances in his first 18 months at the club.
The 21-year-old will now remain with Pep Guardiola's side until 2023 and was thrilled to commit his future to the club.
"I would like to thank the fans for the welcome and for how well they have treated me," Jesus told City's official website.
"I can say that it was the best decision I've made in my life to come to Manchester City because whilst I'm here I'm improving as a professional and as a person.
"City is a huge club and it is getting bigger and bigger so I just want to say thanks for everything. I hope that I can keep making the fans happy."
Having shown great quality for City, Jesus was tipped as a potential winner of the Golden Boot at the World Cup, but the 21-year-old failed to score in five appearances for Brazil in Russia.
Nevertheless, City's director of football Txiki Begiristain is thrilled to have Jesus tied down to fresh terms ahead of the club's Premier League title defence.
Begiristain added:
"Gabriel is undoubtedly one of the best young forwards in world football, so to have him commit his future to us is a huge boost.
"There's so much variety in his game. I know how much Pep enjoys working with him and I am really looking forward to watching his development in the coming years."
The hitman remarkably known for his decisive 93mins winner against Southampton on Final day of 2017/2018 English Premier League season, which aided Manchester City achieve Premier League record 100 points will earn over £100,000 a week.
Jesus, who represented Brazil at this year’s World Cup, returned to training with City earlier this week and will be available for selection, ahead of their Community Shield clash against FA Cup winners Chelsea on Sunday.
Comments
Post a Comment