Matthijs de Ligt issues response to talk of a big-money summer move to Spurs or Manchester City
Premier League champions Manchester City have also been linked with a big-money move for the centre-back, with reports from Italy even claiming that Pep Guardiola's side had seen a £52.5million bid accepted.
Amid a lot of talk regarding his next destination, De Ligt, speaking in a blog on Ajax.nl, said that he doesn't take reports too seriously.
"I hardly read any more messages that have to do with transfers," he said. "Only occasionally do I do that and some messages are really laughable.
"I sometimes find it nice to see what is written about football players. I do not take it too seriously.
"Everyone knows what is going on in the dressing room, but there is not much talk about it.
Spurs would not be able to compete in a bidding war for De Ligt with Premier League champions City, who finished 23 points above them, but they are hopeful that their long-established relationship with Ajax will give them the edge.


Comments
Post a Comment