Leon Balogun joins English Premier League club Brighton and Hove Albion on free transfer

The Nigeria international becomes the first player to join the Seagulls this summer, bringing an end to his nine-year stint in the German league
Brighton and Hove Albion have completed the signing of Leon Balogun on a free transfer.
The Super Eagles centre-back joins the Falmer Stadium outfit on a two-year deal after departing Mainz 05 at the end of the season.
The 29-year-old defender's contract with Mainz is set to expire in June. He joins a Brighton side that will be entering its second season in the Premier League after earning promotion in 2017. 
The German-born defender started his career at Hannover 96 before turning out for Werder Bremen, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Darmstadt 98 and Mainz 05.
He fulfilled his 'dream' of turning out in the English top-flight after agreeing to a two-year deal with the Seagulls - who finished 15th in 2017-18 campaign - as a free transfer after his contract with Mainz 05 expired.
“I always had a dream to play in the Premier League, and Brighton was one of the first teams to show an interest in me," Balogun told club website.
“I’ve been following English football as much as I can in Germany, and I saw how they got promoted from the Championship.
The German-born defender started his career at Hannover 96 before turning out for Werder Bremen, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Darmstadt 98 and Mainz 05.

Comments